Frequently Asked Questions
Have a question about a newborn portrait photography session? You might be able to find the answers here. If not feel free to contact Blooming Tree Photography to have your questions answered.
Where are you located?
- My professional residential photography studio is located in Frisco TX, about 30 minutes North of Dallas.
How long does a typical newborn session last?
- The average newborn photography session typically lasts around 2.5 hours. Should your baby need to take a break for feeding or for extra cuddles then a session can go as long as 3 hours.
What is the best age to photograph a newborn?
- I like to photograph newborns between 7 - 14 days old. At this point they are still very sleepy and like to curl up as if they were still in the womb.
I would like to have my older son/daughter included in some of the photos with the new baby, is this possible?
- Yes! I definitely encourage taking portraits with any other siblings and with immediate family as well. This is all included in my session pricing.
How far in advance should I book?
- I am currently booking up 2-4 months in advance so the sooner the better to book to ensure you get a spot in my schedule.
How does it work with booking a newborn session?
- I reserve your due date (with a $250 session fee) and that guarantees you a session when baby is born. I only reserve a certain amount of due dates a month as we don't know when these little babies decide to arrive. That way I allow enough availability in my schedule for you to choose from. If you have not booked before your baby has arrived, please contact me to see if I have availability.
Do I need to bring any props, hats etc to the newborn session?
- No, I have a large selection of hats, headbands, wraps and props for the session. The only thing you need to bring is your beautiful baby.
I'm 23 weeks along, when should I schedule my maternity session?
- Usually between 30 - 34 weeks along is a good time for a maternity photography session.